iLs is a multi-sensory program for improving brain function. It improves emotional regulation while training the brain to process sensory information. iLs programs integrate visual tracking, movement and balance activities with an auditory component. By simultaneously engaging senses which are neurologically interconnected, we are training the key areas involved in information processing. With improved regulation and processing, our ability to focus, think, and engage successfully in social situations also improves.
iLs delivers sound via both air and bone conduction (BC). BC provides unique vestibular stimulation that delivers results superior to non-bone conduction systems. BC delivers low frequencies that are particularly important for sensory integration and also provides a counter-balance to higher frequencies, which can sometimes be over-stimulating for sensitive children.
How can iLs benefit your child?
iLs has a global effect on the brain and central nervous system, influencing the following systems and their function: auditory, visual, vestibular (balance and coordination), motor, cognitive (thinking and reasoning) and emotional. As a result, it is successfully applied to a wide variety of conditions:
- REHABILITATION– Recovering energy and skills related to language, movement and cognitive function (memory, organization, planning) after a stroke or head injury.
- PSYCHOLOGICAL/EMOTIONAL– Improving attention, emotional balance and vitality
- LEARNING – Building the skills which enable success in school: attention, reading, visual and auditory processing, memory, self-expression, social skills.
- NEURO-DEVELOPMENT, ASD – Achieving therapeutic goals related to emotional and behavioral regulation, sensory processing, communication and social skills; i.e. Autism, Down Syndrome, Cerebral Palsy
- PERFORMANCE OPTIMIZATION– Improving processing speed and timing, creativity and imagination, self-esteem and self-confidence.